Star Staff Reports
This message is to update you on a few changes to the upcoming second semester beginning January 4, 2021.
The Shelby County Health Department has shared concern that there is currently a spike in COVID-19 positive cases during the holiday season and this trend will continue to rise. In an abundance of caution, beginning Jan. 4- 8, all MMSD students will attend school virtually. Teachers will send out communication around meeting times and expectations. Your child’s Principal will also send out information relating to the specific school program updates and any pertinent information you may need during this time. The following is a quick summary of the updates. If you would like more information, as always, please feel free to reach out to your child’s school directly.
- Students will attend school virtually beginning 1/4/2021 through 1/8/2021.
- Grab and Go Meals will be available for pickup each day.
- All sporting events and extra-curricular events are suspended until further notice.
- Faculty and Staff will report to their buildings beginning 1/4/2021 and will practice personal distancing.
As a school district we have several responsibilities, but our most important responsibility is keeping our kids, faculty, and staff safe. Thank you for working with us to make Millington one of the least affected communities in Shelby County as it relates to the COVID-19 virus. Please stay safe and well!
Meal Pick-up Information:
Families can pick-up meals for all students at any location below. Students do not need to be present in the car.
- Millington Elementary – Front Entrance
- EA Harrold Elementary – Bus lane off of West Union
- Millington High School – Annex area off of Easley St.
Monday – Thursday 12:00 -12:45 – 1 Breakfast and 1 Lunch will be distributed
Friday 11:30-12:30 – 3 Breakfasts and 3 Lunches will be distributed